It is hugely important to keep fit whilst travelling, and what better way for your physical and mental health than yoga?
Therefore, we recommend that all backpackers / travellers take a yoga mat with them on their adventures.
Just a few minutes of yoga a day can hugely benefit your physical and mental self.
Obviously, being a backpacker you need to take certain things into consideration for your backpack.
- http://walanet.org/events/category/monthly-meeting/2016-07-31/ Weight – How much will it weigh in your backpack? Will it tire you out to carry it and will it negatively effect your carry on allowance for flights?
- Size – Is it big enough to allow you to perform all your yoga moves? Is it small enough to allow you to squeeze it into your backpack?
- Cost – Will it not break the bank in purchasing one? Allowing you to spend more money on travel and seeing the world/
So get fit, get happy and read on…
The Five Best Travel Yoga Mats for Travellers and Backpackers
This is our favorite all rounder for a great price – It is also Amazon’s choice for their favorite travel yoga mat.
The key features that we loved about this yoga mat are:
- Thin – At 2mm thick this a thin scored yoga mat. However, in tests it still provides enough cushioning for performing your moves on concrete.
- Compact – Folds to a 10″ x 12″ compact square meaning you can easily find space for this in your backpack or daypack.
- Sticky – Unique, sticky texture provides stable footing for ultimate performance. Allows you to perform your yoga anywhere!
- Big – When opened up it measures 68-Inch x 24-inch x 2mm. Meaning you won’t have to compromise with your workout.
- Variety – Comes in five different colors, allowing you to choose the one that most fits your style.
Here is what we loved:
- 15 unique designs – Meaning you are guaranteed to find a design just as unique and perfect as you are.
- Best when wet – Designed to grip better w/ sweat! Luxurious, ultra foldable Mat + Towel in one!
- Eco Friendly – Natural tree rubber + microfiber made from recycled bottles + water based prints
- Machine Washable – Just throw in the washing machine and hang to dry. This printed mat won’t fade!
- Charity – $1 of each purchase goes to support boys and girls youth yoga programs in need <3
- Compact – 70 inch long x 24 inch wide x 1mm thick and weighing only 1.8lb. Will fit into your backpack no problem.
- Zero odour – No toxic smell like some other mats we looked at.
Here is what we loved:
- Unique folding system – Patented folding and securing travel yoga mat is a must-have piece of travel gear. Allows you to easily fit it into small bags, also keeps the top clean
- Straps – Allowing you to easily carry to class. Attached straps also form a handle and system to hang up mat to dry in shower, keeping your mat fresh and scent free.
- Slip free – Super sticky high-performance rubber allowing you to have confidence whilst performing your poses.
- Good for the Planet – Sustainably harvested rubber, one tree planted per mat
- Lightweight AND Compact – Folds away to 12 x 3 x 5 inches whilst only weighing 2.4 pounds
- Quality – Features tightly woven scrim that resists tearing or stretching.
- Grip – This mat will hold to the ground on any surface, it provides excellent grip.
- Compact –The 68”x 24″and 1.5 mm thick eKO SuperLite Mat will fold to fit in any travel bag or purse.
- Good for the Planet – Made from biodegradable, non-Amazon harvested, natural tree rubber, closed cell design will not absorb bacteria and 99% latex free.
- Waste-Free – All post-industrial scrap is thoughtfully collected and utilized in the production of other materials creating a zero waste manufacturing process.
Here is what we like about it:
- Non- Slip – These yoga mat towels grip best when wet; which is perfect during those long Bikram Hot Yoga Sessions. Keeping you grounded, focused, and in perfect balance.
- Hygienic – Stinky mat? Let those nostrils rest assured and breathe deep, free of strong funky odors caused by bacteria build up on your mat. These machine washable yoga towels add a hygienic layer between you and your mat, reducing the risk of harmful bacteria spreading to your skin and saving you time on cleaning your mat.
- Absorbent – Don’t let these yoga towels fool you by how light they are, these microfiber towels are made to absorb 7X it’s weight in water. But theyíll quickly air dry in no time!
- Yoga Size – This 24″ x 72″ hot yoga towel is the perfect size for any yoga mat. It’s also a great travel yoga companion when you’re away.
- Youphria Service- Youphoria stand behind their Products and offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee if you are not happy with your Youphoria product experience, just reach out to then and they’ll take care of you.
There you have it, our five favorite travel yoga mats.
We hope you enjoy our list and enjoy your yoga around the world, finally we will laave you with one of our favorite quotes about yoga:
“Yoga means addition – addition of energy, strength and beauty to body, mind and soul.”