3 Essential Socks you need for Backpacking and Camping
They say you should always go premium on the things that connect you to the ground, things like tyres, mattresses and shoes are items you shouldn’t try to go cheap on. Socks are also in this category; a pair of high quality socks can really improve your comfort and performance whilst backpacking.
We have found the most high quality products at the most reasonable prices – allowing you to save more money for your adventures!
We have done all the hard work for you in finding our three favorite pairs of socks for backpacking and camping. These should be the only socks you will need for your adventure.
The three socks we have identified are:
- A sock for the most intense days of walking/trekking.
- A day to day sock for casual wear.
- A sock to be worn on your travel and transit days.
So read on and see.
3 essential pairs of socks for backpacking, trekking, hiking and camping:
1. Super-wool Hiker GX Merino Wool Hiking Socks (3 Pairs)
We have started with a good, strong, and robust sock.
This sock is more for hiking, and trekking, than your day to day activities.
For example we would recommend this sock for the Annapurna circuit.
- Made in Canada – With high quality wool from Australia.
- 3 Pairs – So if you are on top of your washing cycle these are the only socks you will need to take.
- Impact Support Zones(strategically reinforced zones), Double Cuff and Contoured Half Cushion for superior fit, comfort and protection.
- Pre-Shrunk Merino Wool – It is best quality wool from Australia for amazing softness and warmth.
- Arch support- Strategically placed elastic to create grip for superior fit, comfort and performance.
- Content- 74% Merino Wool, 20% Nylon, 6% Lycra Spandex.
2. Running Socks for Men and Women by Thirty 48 – (CoolMax Fabric That Keeps Feet Cool & Dry)
We chose these socks as a day to day sock. They can be wore with shorts or trousers and are suitable for any environment due to their CoolMax technology.
Things we liked about these socks are:
- Cushioned Low Cut Style that fits Comfortable With Any Shoes.
- MULTIPLE CUSHIONS: Extra Padding On The Metatarsal, Achilles, and Heel Provide Abrasion Protection… Prevent Bruising and Pain from Running, and Protect Your Achilles Tendon from Injury Due to Shoe Friction; The Heel Tab also Aids in Slipping Your Socks On and Off
- COOLMAX® FABRIC: Designed to Move Moisture Away From the Body, Keeping Your Feet Cool and Dry, While the Patent-Pending CatalystAF™ Design Creates Airflow Within The Fabric, an Air Flow that Enables Your Skin to Breathe
- COLOR VARIETY: You can find any color that will fit your personal style.
- Commonly Used in Conjuction with MEDICAL LEGWEAR such as Night Splints, Compression Socks/Sleeves, or Ice Packs for Extensor Tendonitis
3. Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks
This is our third and final pair. These are the socks you should wear on your travel days, long flights, buses or train journeys will be made more comfortable, and safer, with these socks. These socks are guaranteed To Prevent Swelling, Pain, Edema, & DVT.
This is what we like about these socks:
- 100% “LOVE AT FIRST FLIGHT” SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: The makers Promise These Are The Most Perfect Fitting, Maximum Swelling Reducing, Highest Pain Relieving, Longest Lasting Compression Socks You Will Ever Own. If You Don’t Fall In Love After Your First Use you will get a full Refund or A New Pair, Free!
- THERAPEUTIC RELIEF FROM PAIN & SWELLING: True Medical Grade Graduated Compression – 25-30 mmHG At The Foot & Ankle, 15-20 mmHG At Middle Of The Leg & Calf, & 10-15 mmHG Under The Knee; The Ideal Amount Of Support Stocking Compression To Easily Get On And Off Your Legs Without Feeling Too Tight.
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY FOR MAXIMUM COMFORT: Seamless Toe Box Reduces Friction & Prevents Blisters & Corns. Extra Soft Foot Padding Absorbs Impact & Ensures Ventilation. Incredible Arch & Heel Support Relieves Plantar Fasciitis. Antiembolic & Circulatory Design For Diabetics & Arthritis.
- ELITE PERFORMANCE & RECOVERY: Best For Men, Women, Lady, Nurses, Air Travel, Airplane, Restless Leg Syndrome, Edema, DVT, Hospital, Maternity, Pregnancy, Spider Veins, Varicose, Thrombosis, Neuropathy, Sleeping, Surgery, Sport, Active Athletics, Blood Clot, Reflexology, Pressure, Work, Yoga, Pilates, Backpacking & More!
- METICULOUSLY DESIGNED: These Knee High Black Tube Leggings Say No To Bunching, Calf Constriction, Rolling Down Legs, Discomfort & Deep Red Marks.
There you have it. The three different pairs of socks you need to make your adventure safer and more comfortable.
We hope you have enjoyed this post and remember:
“One can never have enough socks”